Watch this video before starting the program to perfect your form and learn how to effectively work all the muscles in the core.
The muscles in our core.
1. Six Pack aka Rectus abdominis - think crunches
2. Internal "Inner" Obliques aka our waist - think twisting exercises like bicycles
3. External "Outer" Obliques aka 11 lines, side lines, waist, "muffin top" and "love handles" the last two are terms I don't like but people ask about working those areas so those are your outer obliques babes!! - think side bending & side planks
4. Deep Core aka Traverse abdominis - think planks and pikes
5. Postural Muscles aka Multifidus and erector spinae - think four point kneeling and weighted rows
*6* Lower Abs - technically part of the 6 pack but I like to work these separately with the deep core to pull them in and strengthen them.
3:30 - How to active and connect to your deep core muscles, properly engage them. If you find your abs pop out or dome a lot in workouts try doing ab vacuums as shown daily.
4:08 - How to prevent neck pain
5:25 - How to prevent lower back pain
6:25 How to prevent hip flexor pain
7:00 - Plank Form - wrist and shoulder pain
8:39 - Rib to Hip Connection